Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a small unstoppable force in a big world


My name is Joey The Juggernaut and this will be my story....

Health and fitness is my gift and I feel that it is my responsibility to share that gift to the world one way or another.

I currently work out at the YMCA on south park street, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. It's a modest little gym that I love. The staff are great, the members are great, but it is in no way equipped to handle the intense way the my crew and I work out. There in lies my inspiration.

Now A little bit about myself. I do Crossfit like it is a religion. I follow a 3 day on 1 day off schedule and consistently push until I almost throw up. Believe me I've tried but I guess I'm just not a puker. I follow a strict paleo diet (see links section). I used to zone, but I really like to eat!

Here in Halifax we're lacking the kind of facility needed in which to do these kind of workouts to their full capacity. My dream is to take Juggernaut Fitness from a door to door business run out of the back of my car, to Halifax's premier Olympic weightlifting, power lifting and Crossfit affiliated studio. It will be the kind of place where you go to realize your true fitness potential.

Just imagine walking into a gym where dropping the plates from overhead is allowed. So is working out with your shirt and shoes off. Writing on the walls is permitted and the use of chalk is encouraged. Grunting and swearing are not only permitted but encouraged if on your way to setting a new personal record and throwing up not only happens regularly but is smiled upon. This is my dream, welcome to my story...

2 comments:

  1. If anyone can do this you can and do it very well. I can see you helping many people in the future. Never let anyone tell you different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda! It's people like you who make the trouble clients more than worth it.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete