Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Steps

Few things have happened since my last entry. I now have my first client since starting Juggernaut Fitness. Her name is Erin and I am very excited about this particular case.

Erin has a rare disability called Arthrogryposis. A congenital condition that affects the joints and connective tissues. Thus limiting one's use of their joints and muscles. This is a very brief description for a more in depth explanation just click on the link.

Nutrition will be a fairly simple task because we just reviewed her normal diet and began to "tweak" some things and clean some thing up. Exercise however will be a very different story. You see she has very limited use of her extremities so a normal exercise program is just not an option. She can do some walking but she has no synovial fluid in her joints so too much load baring movement can get very painful. However, I firmly believe that all strength must first emanate from the core. Erin has full use of her core muscles, so, we will start with the middle and work out way out. I admit that I am not yet completely sure what we are going to do for exercise but I am looking forward to challenging myself creatively and I know she will be a joy to work with.

On another note I have found out that the good folks at Google have now made it easy to build your own free website with no prior programming knowledge. it is actually very similar to constructing this blog so look for Juggernaut Fitness to have it's own website in the near future.

That's all for today folks. Check in regularly and tell all your friends about me. Every five hours of training I sell from your referrals will get you a free hour training and/or nutrition seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment